- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48123
2015 Ford F-150
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- For Ford and Lincoln vehicles that require positive or negative battery terminal replacement, it is not necessary to replace the complete battery cable harness (14300 and 14301) for this concern. Positive battery cable clamp BT4Z-14450-AA and negative battery cable clamp BT4Z-14450-BA are available for this type of repair. Do not cut or shorten the battery cable, instead carefully remove the affected battery cable clamp and clean the cable end as necessary to preserve wire length. Some rework may be necessary for some vehicle environments. Bend the new positive battery cable clamp as needed and crimp it to the existing battery cable. Make sure to use heat shrink tubing over the battery cable to battery cable clamp connection. Obtain the heat shrink tube locally.
Click a tab for more information.