2018 Ford F-150 body / paint problems: water leaks into cabin

Water Leaks Into Cabin

2018 Ford F-150

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

2018 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-150:

2018 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 082018

F-150 XLT Sport 5.0L V8

click to see larger images

water leaks into cabin water leaks into cabin

Truck Leased on Dec, 08 2018 and after taking delivery I noticed a faint musty smell in the rear seat when removing the floor mats. I discovered a water leak coming from the rear pressure vent behind the drivers side rear seat. There was a considerable amount of water/mold under the carpets. I immediately called the dealership and was told to bring the truck back into the service dpt on Monday the 10th because it had already closed for the weekend.

That weekend the engine started rattling and the oil level was low on the dipstick, check for my complaint under engine rattle on this website.

The truck went into the dealer Monday afternoon 10/10/2018 at 3:00pm for all 3 issues.

On Wednesday 10/12/2018 The dealer called to notify me that the rear vent was causing the leak and it along with the carpets would be replaced under warranty.

I am still waiting to hear back regarding the Engine rattle and low oil level.

I am NOT happy with this Ford. All these problems on a brand new truck is unacceptable. I have already spoken with a representative at the District Attorney's office of New York and was told Ford has: 1.) 3 attempts to fix the issues 2.) 30 days (30 days total spent in the shop to fix the issue) 3.) 20 days to respond/fix the issue after sending a certified letter after the 1st failed attempt to fix the issue

If Ford fails to resolve the issue during any of these 3 options, I am entitled to a buyback or replacement.

The clock is ticking, 24 days left FoMoCo