- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 31 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 33 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 35 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 38 days ago
Ford Recall 18S27: Fire After Seat Belt Pretensioner Deployment
2018 Ford F-150
A vehicle fire could result if materials ignite inside the vehicle.
Structure — Body — Roof And Pillars
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Ford F-150 Regular Cab and SuperCrew Cab vehicles. If a front seat belt pretensioner deploys as the result of a crash, the sparks may ignite materials such as carpeting or insulation within the B-pillar area.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will remove the B-pillar insulation material and wiring harness tape, and install heat resistant tape, free of charge. The recall began September 28, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S27.
Click a tab for more information.