- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 15 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 21 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 31 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 35 days ago
Ford Recall 18S10: Shifter Position May Incorrectly Indicate 'Park'
2018 Ford F-150
If the gear shift cable clip becomes unseated or dislodged, the gear shift lever position may indicate that the transmission is in 'Park' when it may be in a different gear. Additionally, despite selecting 'Park', if the parking brake is not applied before the vehicle is exited, the vehicle may roll. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 F-650 and F-750 vehicles equipped with 6-speed automatic transmissions and 2018 Ford F-150 and Expedition vehicles equipped with 10-speed automatic transmissions (excluding Expedition vehicles with a Rotary Gear Shift Dial on the console). The gear shift cable clip may not be properly seated, allowing the transmission to be in a different gear than indicated by the gear shift lever position.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the shift cable locking clip and properly seat it, if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 13, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 18S10.
Click a tab for more information.