- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 29 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 31 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 33 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 36 days ago
Ford Recall 18S10: Shifter Position May Incorrectly Indicate 'Park'
2018 Ford F-150
If the gear shift cable clip becomes unseated or dislodged, the gear shift lever position may indicate that the transmission is in 'Park' when it may be in a different gear. Additionally, despite selecting 'Park', if the parking brake is not applied before the vehicle is exited, the vehicle may roll. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 F-650 and F-750 vehicles equipped with 6-speed automatic transmissions and 2018 Ford F-150 and Expedition vehicles equipped with 10-speed automatic transmissions (excluding Expedition vehicles with a Rotary Gear Shift Dial on the console). The gear shift cable clip may not be properly seated, allowing the transmission to be in a different gear than indicated by the gear shift lever position.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the shift cable locking clip and properly seat it, if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 13, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 18S10.
Click a tab for more information.