- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 5 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 11 days ago
- August 9: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed By Troopers news | 12 days ago
- August 7: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators For 2 Problems recalls | 14 days ago
Ford Recall 18S10: Shifter Position May Incorrectly Indicate 'Park'
2018 Ford F-150
If the gear shift cable clip becomes unseated or dislodged, the gear shift lever position may indicate that the transmission is in 'Park' when it may be in a different gear. Additionally, despite selecting 'Park', if the parking brake is not applied before the vehicle is exited, the vehicle may roll. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 F-650 and F-750 vehicles equipped with 6-speed automatic transmissions and 2018 Ford F-150 and Expedition vehicles equipped with 10-speed automatic transmissions (excluding Expedition vehicles with a Rotary Gear Shift Dial on the console). The gear shift cable clip may not be properly seated, allowing the transmission to be in a different gear than indicated by the gear shift lever position.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the shift cable locking clip and properly seat it, if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 13, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 18S10.
Click a tab for more information.