2018 Ford F-150 transmission problems: shifting hard

Shifting Hard

2018 Ford F-150

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

5.7

2018 Ford F-150 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-150:

2018 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 182019

F-150 King Ranch 5.0L V8

WHEN IN 1ST GEAR AND FIRST PULLING OUT, IT WINDS UP TO AROUND 3500 RPM AND SHIFTS REALLY HARD. IT JERKS YOU LIKE SOMEONE KICKED YOU IN THE BACK. LUNGES FORWARD LIKE YOU DROPPED THE CLUTCH IN A MANUAL TRANSMISSION

IN ANY MODE YOU SELECT I'M USUALLY IN ECO MODE. NO CODES NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, NOTHING. FLUID LEVEL IS NORMAL...ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

- 2018kingranch5.0, Winchester, US

Nov 012018

F-150 XLT Special Edition 2.7L V6

Brand new truck has had shifting issues since I bought it. Took it in to the dealer and the service manager drove around with me for 20 minutes. He said there's no resolution because that is the way those 10 speeds shift.

- cr0727, Tallmadge, US

Aug 162018

F-150 STX 5.0L

LOVE MY F 150 BUT HATE AUTO START -STOP. HATE IT!!! AT 100 MILES NOTICED TRANSMISSION HARD SHIFTING SPECIALLY IN REVERSE. GOT WORSE IN COLD DRIVING. GRINDS WHILE SHIFTING, SKIPS 2ND GEAR AND WHEN GOING ON FREEWAY OR ANY STRAIGHT ROAD TRANNY DISENGAGES, AT TAKE OFF IS WEAK. 10 SPEED TRANNY IS A FREAKING STUPID MISTAKE BY FORD. TOOK TRUCK TWICE TO DEALER FOR PROBLEM AND MAINTENANCE. THEY CLAIM NOTHING WRONG. WITH IN LESS THAN A YEAR OF OWNING TRUCK I'M CONSIDERING TRADING IT IN AND WOULD NEVER GOING BACK TO FORD! VERY UN-PLEASED!

- Marcos C., Fortworth, US

Aug 192018

F-150 LX 5.0L

The new ford/gmc 10 speed transmission has what I think is a major flaw is that when it shifts from 3rd thru 7th gear, you hear a clunk sound. Reminds you of a universal joint going out.

Ford and ford dealers say this is a normal sound. I never thought of metal slamming against metal as a normal sound. The transmission

shifts just fine other than the clunk sound. For a better understanding of the issue and how spread the problem is, go to the ford forum, fordf150.net and type in 10 speed transmissions.

- Bruce F., Mount Carmel, Illinois, US

Oct 182017

F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost

5 months and have the first recall on the 3.5l w/ 10 speed transmission. WTF - a recall already?

- Randoplh G., Melbourne, US

Mar 282018

F-150 2.5L V6

I just bought my Ford 2 days ago and I drove it to work today. I was passing a vehicle at 50 to 55 miles an hour and it shifted 3 times on me quick and hard. Traveled another 800 yards or so and it did the same thing. After another quarter of a mile, it shifted hard again trying to get up to speed and arriving at my work place finally. Something is definitely wrong with the transmission. A brand new truck and it already has transmission problems.

- Joseph W., Nanticoke, US