- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 12 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 18 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 98S34: Ford/Tow Hooks/Air Bag Deployment
1999 Ford F-250
Unexpected air bag deployment can result in personal injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Vehicle description: Light duty trucks. The cast tow hooks changes the crash pulse of the vehicle in frontal barrier impacts and the air bag sensor was not calibrated to this new crash pulse which may cause the air bags to deploy in lower speed impacts than design intent.
- Dealers will replace the cast tow hooks with forged hooks.
Click a tab for more information.