- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 11 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 16 days ago
- December 25: Ford F-150 B-Pillar Fire Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 21 days ago
Ford Recall 01S12: Ford/Fuel Filler Pipe Electrical Grounding
2001 Ford F-350
Without proper grounding, an electrostatic discharge could result during fuel fill up, potentially leading to a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly — Filler Pipe And Cap
- Vehicle description: F-Super Duty crew cab pickup trucks (F-350 short wheelbase trucks equipped with a 6 3/4' pickup box and dual rear wheels) were built after a change was implemented to delete a clamp, and later a bracket that provided a ground for the fuel filler pipe. The pickup box may not have been properly grounded.
- Dealers will install a fuel filler pipe ground. Owner notification began March 26, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.