- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 21 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 25 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 29 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 40 days ago
Ford Recall 19S54: ABS Valve May Remain Open After ABS Event
2010 Ford Fusion
If the valves do not properly close, additional brake pedal travel may be required to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock/Traction Control/Electronic Limited Slip — Control Unit/Module
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. The valves within the ABS Hydraulic Control Units (HCU) may react with brake fluids containing specific corrosion preventative additives. This reaction may cause the valves to not close properly.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will flush the brake system with DOT 4 fluid and install a new brake fluid reservoir cap. In addition, the HCU will be tested to detect a possible stuck valve condition, replacing the HCU as necessary. All services will be performed free of charge. The recall began April 1, 2021. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S54.
- Documents (6)
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Miscellaneous Document - Notification of Two Recalls
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 19S54 Certain 2006-2010 Model Year Fusion/Milan/MKZ/Zephyr Vehicles Equipped With Anti-Lock Brake Systems; Anti-Lock Brake System Hydraulic Control Unit Valve Function
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.