8.4

2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 022019

Fusion SEL 2.5L 4

THE POWER ASSIST STEERING IS NO LONGER WORKING. AS NEER AS I CAN SEE IT WAS A REALLY BAD DESIGN. THE BRAIN OF THE UNIT WAS INSTALL NEXT TO THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER. THUS IT WAS EXPOSED TO EXCESSIVE HEAT. I WANT TO KNOW WHY FORD RECALLED THE 2011 FUSION WHICH IS THE EXACT UNIT THAT IS IN THE 2010. MY WIFE DRIVES THIS CAR AND COULD HARDLY STEER THE CAR BECAUSE OF THE STEERING ASSIST FAULT. SHE CAME CLOSE TO CRASHING THE CAR AND WAS UPSET FOR DAYS. FORD YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO PUT THIS PIECE OF CRAP IN ANY CAR WITH THIS DESIGN. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? THAT HEAT SHIELD DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT THIS STEERING UNIT FROM FAILURE.

- Steve S., Wichita, KS, US

Aug 292019

Fusion

What the hell is Ford waiting for? Does there have to be a death before they recall the 2010 Ford Fusion? The steering stops in the middle of the freeway and almost caused an accident. I will recommend family and friends do not buy a Ford of any kind. Ford does not take care of their mistakes. My sister always buys Chevrolet and Kia and has never ever had a problem that the company did not fix. I can not believe how many people have complained about the steering on the 2010 Ford Fusion and the company has done NOTHING. Please fix the problem before someone dies from it.

- jodiecaputo, Salt Lake City, US

Jul 282019

Fusion ES 3.2L

Tell me how to get Ford to fix it? I want Ford to fix this. The recall should have started with my year.

- Brenda M., Lancaster, US

Jul 202019

Fusion LX 3.0L

This is my college bound son's car. Just had ac fixed at $400.00 for a $30.00 part. Bullshit. Now the power steering is out and he can't drive it! The fix sounds like it is going to be $1400.00. F*ck Ford, their stuff is sh*t. No wonder people are buying foreign cars. I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra with 237,000 miles on it and have had less problems in 19 years with it than I have had with this f*cking Ford and have had it only 2 months. What a bunch of bullshit! Shame on you Ford, you suck!!!!!!

- ratboyzgarage, Amherst, OH, US

May 152019

Fusion SEL 3.0L V6

Turning vehicle into highway with 3 toddlers in back seat and the car stops. I panicked looking at the girls so started car which was ok then the power steering locks. I'm a 65 yr old woman on Social Security, how do I pay for this fix and I take my grand kids to and from school. This is a danger that Ford has seen complaints on and turns the other way.

- Frances S., Carlsbad, US