- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 10 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 11 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 20 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 25 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 32 days ago
Ford Recall 16S03: Driver Side Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2004 Ford Ranger
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2004-2006 Ranger vehicles manufactured March 24, 2003, to May 4, 2006. Upon deployment of the driver side frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air bag inflators, free of charge. The recall began February 26, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S03. Note: This recall supersedes 14V-343 and only applies to Rangers manufactured in North America.
- Documents (14)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - February 16, 2016 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 16S03 All 2004-2006 Model Year Ranger Vehicles Driver Airbag Inflator Replacement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - January 25, 2016 SUBJECT: Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S03
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 3, 2016 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 16S03 – Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.