- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 4 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 5 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 8 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 20 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 132,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- repaint (1 reports)
body / paint problem