- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 15 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 17 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 18 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls 2022 F-150 Trucks For Steering Column Problems recalls | 20 days ago
Broken Front Spring
2002 Ford Taurus (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 91,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 48 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace front springs and struts (29 reports)
- coil springs replaced (10 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace spring, strut, stabilizer bar and tire (4 reports)
- replace spring, strut, stabilizer bar & tire (1 reports)