- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 10 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
2003 Ford Taurus
Cooling System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2003 Ford Taurus Cooling System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Leaking Antifreeze1
- Unable To Monitor Coolant Level1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Fan6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.