- March 13: Ford Shifter Bushing Recall Makes Lawsuit Moot, Argues Ford news | 3 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls Transit Vans Following Heating/Cooling Failures recalls | 4 days ago
- February 25: Ford Recalls Vehicles Over Loose Transmission Bolts recalls | 19 days ago
- February 22: Ford Fuel Injector Recall Inadequate, Alleges Class Action Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 42 days ago
2003 Ford Taurus
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...