- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 5 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 21 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 23 days ago
Brake Lights Stay On Sometimes
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 28,982 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)