- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 0 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 7 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 11 days ago
Brake Lights Stay On Sometimes
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 29,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)