- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 1 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 8 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 15 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
NHTSA — Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights: Switch Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2.5hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 60,150 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.