- October 20: Ford Escape Recall: Faulty Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems recalls | 7 days ago
- October 20: Ford Transit Connect Recall Issued To Protect Engines recalls | 7 days ago
- September 30: Ford Rear Camera Recall For 701,000 Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- September 29: Ford F-250 and F-350 Front Axle Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls Expeditions Again Over Seat Belts recalls | 30 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems
2003 Ford Taurus (Page 4 of 8)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
1.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 98,238 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.