2013 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 202017

Taurus

Rear brake system. (entire rear brake system replaced 4 times in less than 2 years). 2013 Ford Taurus was purchased in May 2013. May 2015 entire rear brake system (calipers, rotors, brake pads, etc) needed to be replaced in May 2015. In October 2015, entire rear brake system again had to be replaced for the second time. November 2015, the rotors were cut. June 2016, entire rear brake system replaced for the third time. April 20, 2017, car is currently at a Ford service center because entire rear brake system needs to be replaced for the fourth time in less than 2 years. I asked for the warranty to be extended but was told by Ford's customer care today that Ford "graciously" extended the initial warranty to 77,000 miles and can do nothing further for me with regard to this matter.

- Colonia, NJ, USA

Apr 152017

Taurus

Rear axle brakes failed after 39000 miles. Noise at light braking in forward and/or reverse. Pads are not significantly worn. Rotors visibly marked and rough. After tript of ~50 miles distinct brake smell and rotors are very hot. Need to replace (no warranty at this mileage) as this will eventually develop intoa major brake failure with safety implications.

- Novi, MI, USA

Jan 312017

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. When approaching a stop light or stop sign with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle shook from front to back. In addition, the vehicle stalled and failed to start. The steering wheel shook each time the vehicle was started and the contact noticed a burning odor inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the 02 sensors failed and the fuel pump had a leak. Both components needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Del Rio, TX, USA

Mar 242014

Taurus

The rear driver side brakes have been acting up and will make a loud clunk when you go to stop, the tire and brakes smell hot, took it to a mechanic on Sunday said a caliber was rusted and it should be under warranty called dealership took it in to Liberty Ford in brunswick Ohio. They said it was the brake pad and rotor due to the weather we have in Ohio that it was rusted and would need to be replaced at 360. 00 for the 2 parts plus labor, really a 2013 year car with under 25,000 miles on it.

- Westfield Center, OH, USA

Nov 132013

Taurus 6-cyl

While bringing my wife home from work, down a city street, she yelled out to me to watch out...deer! automatically, I looked to the right in people yards and wooded are, then left, only to find them just slight to my right form the center of our car. At this point I knew the brakes were in great shape. However these halogen projection headlights have a decent pattern, but are like having two candles. Why is it my 2006 Mercury montego had factory hid headlights and now 7 years later they went backwards, as other cars are now using led headlights" this was not the only time. The next time my wife noticed a person walking in the road, why who knows" except I am not happy with what I think is politics Ford is doing. These lighting system is so bad if I had the high beams on while driving with on coming traffic nobody blinks at me. (I know this should not be done for safety reasons, but I had to prove to myself that it's not just me due to the change over from hid to halogen lighting. Ps) today March 14 2014, I wrote thru the website planet feedback to the CEO of Ford over this issue. I already mentioned this on surveys Ford gave me when I purchased the auto, and mentioned it to the dealership.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA