- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- November 5: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Fuel Pump Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- November 5: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 25 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP3694F
2011 GMC Canyon
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:STARTER ASSEMBLY:SOLENOID
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that may have engine belt noise, rough idle, and/or Service Engine Soon Malfunction Indicator Lamp on. Technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code P0014 and or P0017. If a rough idle is duplicated a Diagnostic Trouble Code P0106 may also be stored. If Service Information diagnostics do not isolate the cause of this concern inspect the camshaft actuator solenoid screens. If of the three screen are missing replace the camshaft actuator solenoid. During the inspection of the camshaft actuator solenoid if none of the screens are missing then measure the crankshaft end play to determine if it is within the specification. Typically, if excessive crankshaft end play is causing this concern, it will be obviously out of specification by as much as .050 inch or more when a pry bar is used to move the crankshaft back and forth. If crankshaft end play is acceptable, replace the camshaft actuator solenoid. If the crankshaft end play is obviously out of specification, engine replacement is suggested. In some case dealer will need to contact General Motors Product Quality Center for further assistance.
Click a tab for more information.