- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 9 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 17 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 25 days ago
- December 23: GM Recall: 'Front-Row Center Seat Should NOT Be Occupied' recalls | 27 days ago
2011 GMC Canyon
5 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2011 GMC Canyon
Official recalls have been issued for the 2011 GMC Canyon by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local GMC service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call GMC customer service.
If the primary hood latch is not engaged, the hood could open unexpectedly. During vehicle operation, this could obstruct the view of the driver and increase the risk of a crash. ... Read more »
The driver may not be able to restart the vehicle, and the vehicle could roll away as the driver or other occupants exit the vehicle or have exited, resulting in the possibility of the vehicle striking them or someone around the vehicle, or could result in a crash without prior ... Read more »
Driver visibility could be reduced increasing the risk of a crash. Read more »
The driver may not be able to maintain directional control of the vehicle and a crash could occur without warning. Read more »
Both NHTSA and GM discourage placement of a child in a front seat. Nevertheless, there are individual circumstances that may require placement of a child in a restraint in the front center seating position of this vehicle that does not offer a rear seat. Lack of access to the top tether anchor and a lack of ... Read more »