- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 9 days ago
- November 5: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Fuel Pump Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- November 5: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 22 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP4013D
2011 GMC Canyon
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles with a Service Engine Soon Malfunction Indicator Lamp on. Technician may find a Diagnostic Trouble Code P0300. After performing all published Service Information diagnostics and a solution has not been made technician should perform the "Cylinder Leakage Test" procedure in SI and document all leakage rates on the repair order. If a leaking intake valve is found, replace the cylinder head and valves by following the latest versions of 07-06-01-018 (Regular Production Option Code LL8 4.2L), 06-06-01-017 (Regular Production Option Codes L52, LK5) and 07-06-01-019 (Regular Production Option Codes LLR, LLV). Before replacing the cylinder head, review the latest version of PIP3940.
Click a tab for more information.