- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 58 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 59 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 70 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 75 days ago
GMC Recall 01036: GM/FMVSS 208/Audible Warning
1999 GMC Safari
This does not meet the requirements of the standard.
Seat Belts — Front — Warning Light/Devices
- Vehicle description: Mini vans. Some of these vehicles fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 208, "occupant crash protection." The "fasten safety-belt" audible warning occasionally may not come on or may terminate in less than four seconds as required by the standard.
- Dealers will install a new alarm module. Owner notification began June 27, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.