- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 20 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 31 days ago
- November 9: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Continues For Florida Customers news | 32 days ago
- November 1: GM Wheel Speed Sensor Recall Issued For Unintended Braking recalls | 40 days ago
2002 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You know the phrase "they just don't make 'em like they used to?" They weren't talking about the Safari specifically, but it definitely qualifies.
It's rare to see such an old van with so little complaints. Not to mention this thing can tow up to 5,500lbs. The only real area of concern is the brakes, but some would say that's just because the Safari can't be stopped.
Worst 2002 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 12
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.