- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 4 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 18 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
2002 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You know the phrase "they just don't make 'em like they used to?" They weren't talking about the Safari specifically, but it definitely qualifies.
It's rare to see such an old van with so little complaints. Not to mention this thing can tow up to 5,500lbs. The only real area of concern is the brakes, but some would say that's just because the Safari can't be stopped.
Worst 2002 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 12
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.