- May 23: GMC Acadia 'Shift to Park' Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 3 days ago
- May 19: Nearly 713,000 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain SUVs Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- May 13: GM ARC Exploding Airbag Recall Affects 1 Million Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
- May 8: General Motors Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 18 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Cutaways After Fires recalls | 40 days ago
2002 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You know the phrase "they just don't make 'em like they used to?" They weren't talking about the Safari specifically, but it definitely qualifies.
It's rare to see such an old van with so little complaints. Not to mention this thing can tow up to 5,500lbs. The only real area of concern is the brakes, but some would say that's just because the Safari can't be stopped.
Worst 2002 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 12
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.
Worst 2002 GMC Safari Problems
#1: Overheating 2002 Safari
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Safari.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!