- February 19: GM Fuse Block Lawsuit Says Loose Terminals Cause Problems news | 5 days ago
- February 7: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks Recalled, Again recalls | 17 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 56 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 66 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 67 days ago
2003 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 GMC Astro has a reliable reputation and a very low number of complaints.
Much like it's mechanically identical counterpart, the Chevy Astro, the Safari was built on a truck powertrain. So not only can you haul lots of gear inside, but you can tow up to 5,500 pounds of gear behind you too. That's a lot of stuff.
Worst 2003 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.