- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 57 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 61 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 63 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 63 days ago
2003 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 GMC Astro has a reliable reputation and a very low number of complaints.
Much like it's mechanically identical counterpart, the Chevy Astro, the Safari was built on a truck powertrain. So not only can you haul lots of gear inside, but you can tow up to 5,500 pounds of gear behind you too. That's a lot of stuff.
Worst 2003 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.