- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 9 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 28 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 36 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 50 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 54 days ago
2001 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Is the 2001 Safari going to win any beauty pageants? Probably not. But it's reliable, can fit a ton of stuff (and tow a bunch more). Good luck finding a used one with reasonable mileage, however.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 16
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Safari. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.