- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 27 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 33 days ago
- June 2: 2018 GMC Terrain Airbags May Fail in a Crash recalls | 50 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 64 days ago
2001 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Is the 2001 Safari going to win any beauty pageants? Probably not. But it's reliable, can fit a ton of stuff (and tow a bunch more). Good luck finding a used one with reasonable mileage, however.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 16
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- engine problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Safari. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.