- May 13: 2015 Chevrolet Colorados and GMC Canyons Losing Power Steering investigations | 7 days ago
- May 5: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 15 days ago
- May 3: GM Engine Block Heater Cord Recall Affects 364,000 Diesel Trucks recalls | 17 days ago
- April 29: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Blames Aluminum Driveshafts news | 21 days ago
- April 20: GM 8L90 and 8L45 Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
2001 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Is the 2001 Safari going to win any beauty pageants? Probably not. But it's reliable, can fit a ton of stuff (and tow a bunch more). Good luck finding a used one with reasonable mileage, however.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 16
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.
Worst 2001 GMC Safari Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Safari. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.