ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2018 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems: rattle in dash

Rattle In Dash

2018 Honda Accord

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.8

2. see above (1 reports)
2018 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 052018

Accord EXL 1.5t

Annoying buzzing or vibration coming from somewhere in the dash area. Mostly hear when I stop and go on a red light and accelerate. Only hear it under acceleration around 30-50 mph. Can't tell precisely where it's coming from. So far no fix.

If anyone found a solution to this problem, please reply. It awful to get this issue on a brand new car.

- divinity, Malden, US

Dec 152017

Accord

When first leaving the dealership, the HUD was rattling and the salesperson said there is NO repair solution except to wait til they find a solution. Returned it a few months later, they installed a different dashboard and that didn't do anything but the rattle appeared louder plus a new rattle appeared in the middle of the dash. It's been ten months now and the warranty is expiring and one wonders if that is what Honda wants - to wait for warranty to expire so they wouldn't have the responsibility to repair it. If they do not want to repair this then we should be able to return it for another one. I see a LONG LIST of this Accord model with this same rattle complaints from owners and yet Honda is not doing anything to fix this problem.

- Larry C., Sacramento, US

Oct 012018

Accord Touring 1.5L

• CVT transmission

There is a really loud sqeak in the dash where the HUD is located. It is the HUD rubbing on the dash it seems like. It is worse when it is warm out. I have also had issues with rattles in other parts of the car that I can't seem to precisely locate where it is coming from.

- Zac L., Wapakoneta, OH, US

Mar 012018

Accord LX 1.5t

I got my 2018 Accord end of October 2017. Few weeks later, I noticed my car makes rattling sound. I took my car to the service center twice so far. The result was problem never solved. I made another appt for Honda service center this Friday. I have to take my vacation day off to go visit the service center again. This is totally wasting time and money. I uploaded a video from Youtube, the rattling sound is exactly same as mine. I recorded many videos of mine. The noise really makes me crazy... I don't think Honda will solve this problem this time too but, at least I want to try. Hoping this 3rd visiting will be my last visit.

- Jamie P., Cypress, CA, US

Apr 182018

Accord Sport 1.5L Cvt

Annoying buzzing or vibration coming from somewhere in the dash area. More audible when car has been in the sun for awhile. Only hear it under acceleration around 25-40 mph. Can't tell precisely where it's coming from. So far the only fix is to turn up the radio.

- Mike H., Oak Park, US

Jun 202018

Accord Touring 2.0t

This seems to be a very common problem based on the other 12 complaints about the same issue. I took my car in for two rattles. This being one of them. Service department said that the heads up display unit was rubbing on the dash creating the high pitch squeaking/rattling. They said that Honda is aware but does not have a fix for it as of yet. They advised that they "insulated the unit" with some tape and that it didn't go away completely, but that its "better". They told me that once Honda releases a fix that they would contact me to bring it back in..

Unfortunately, the second rattle that was coming from my B pillar has kept my car in the shop for almost a month now so I really don't know if their "fix" or attempt at a fix will even work. This rattle is quite loud for those of you have not had the bad luck of hearing it. It is so loud that the person in the car with me prompted up and asked "what the hell is wrong with you car man??"... super embarrassing considering the car is a little over a month old and the top of line model...

- Moises A., Palm Desert, US

Apr 012018

Accord Touring 2.0L

I have a 2018 Honda Accord Touring with 3000 miles on it. From late May of 2018 my car developed a squeaky sound coming from driver side dash board. The squeaking sound is coming from the heads up display area on the dash. There is a border piece around the heads up display that is rubbing against the dash. It have tried several things to stop the noise, but only thing that works is if you press on the border piece and hold it. I've researched this online and there are several Youtube videos and complaints regarding this noise.

I have an appointment with the dealer but the service manager indicated they haven't had any issues like this and there are nothing mentioned on the Honda Forum about this noise. One post indicated that Honda found similar problems from US and their engineers are working on it to find a permanent solution to this problem. This noise is driving me crazy and I'm about ready to just get rid of the car if they can't fix it. It just seems like the dealership will try and do a quick fix (Foam tape) and send me on my way. Any new information about this issue?

- PO B., Middletown, IL, US

Apr 302018

Accord Tourning V4

Hello my name is Christine Jang from Greenwood, Ontario, Canada. I purchased 2018 Honda Accord Touring in January 25, 2018. From late April of 2018 only when the weather was hot (above 23 Celsius) there was squeaky sound coming from driver side dash board.

Long story short, they put foam around heads up display and it did not fix the problem.

Tomorrow (June 25, 2018) I will be taking my car for a temporary fix. Currently Honda found similar problem from US and currently, their engineers are working on it to find a permanent solution to this problem.

I am very disappointed in Whitby-Oshawa service department's way of handling this situation. Also, I am hunted from this squeaky sound from dash board.

Does anyone know if I can request a refund for this car?

- Christine J., Greenwood, ON, Canada

Apr 032018

Accord Touring 2.0L

Totally dissatisfied with the car and the dealership for handling the issue. Dealership had car all day, confirmed problem about rattling and squeaking noise coming from the drivers side dashboard, only happens during warm weather. Car only has 4700 miles on it. Mechanic verified Honda Tech Line was aware of problem, "No fix at the moment" and "still under investigation" was the answer. Service department has no knowledge of when a repair will be available, service advisor writes my name and number on a scrap piece of paper and said "we'll call you when we get a fix from Honda" ! Really! Too funny! Like that will happen! Stay a way from this model year and trim level. Looks like I'll be trading this car in soon.

- cobia194, Pickerington, US

Mar 012018

Accord Touring 1.5L, 4-cyl

• CVT transmission

On or about March 1, 2018, my 2018 Honda Accord, Touring, began to develop a rattle. This noise appears to originate from the center area of the dash board located near the infotainment screen and the center two front facing dash board vents.

Took it to Honda to have same checked. The service technician/mechanic road with me for the purpose of witnessing the noise, which did occur. The technician agreed with my observation that the rattle appeared to be coming from the area described above. According to the service report, the mechanic removed the console upper trim, A/C control head to gain access to the radio unit. While in this area of the dash he tightened the radio unit bracket attaching bolts and mounting hardware. He also added insulating foam to the trim panels.

After taking possession of my vehicle there was no more rattling noise going home, a 15 minute drive. Later that day while driving my vehicle, the rattle returned. Going back to Honda on Tuesday, May 22 to have vehicle checked out again.

- Tom N., Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Jan 012018

Accord Sports 1.5t

• CVT transmission

Frustrating to say the least, even though it's cover by its standard warranty. The noise came back (This is already after couple visits).

- J L., Markham, ON, Canada

May 192018

Accord LX 1.5t

• CVT transmission

It is really disappointing to have this kind of noise on a brand new car. Especially a Honda, that brags itself on being the top quality conscious company. I had just purchased this Accord and gave up my 20 month old CRV which had a noise problem in the back suspension and which Honda service could not fix after more than half dozen trials and a year of annoying drive in that vehicle.

- leanmar893, Montreal, QC, Canada

May 112018

Accord Sport 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

Purchased 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5 Turbo at 7pm on May 10th, 2018 with 3 miles. Serious loud rattle began at mile 16 on the way to work. The dealership acted surprised.

Update from May 15, 2018: Dash rattle has been resolved. it was the Honda Sensing equipment and rear view mirror that was loose. The sound seemed to come from the dash and right of the steering wheel not from above but it is fixed.

- ultraman, Oklahoma City, US

Mar 162018

Accord Touring 2.0 2.0L

2ND HONDA ACCORD I'VE HAD. THE OTHER WAS A 2013 AND WAS VERY SOLID. THIS RATTLE NOISE COMES FROM THE HEADS UP DISPLAY AREA ON THE DASH. IT HAPPENS MOST OFTEN WHEN IT'S SUNNY OUT, SO A TEMPERATURE CHANGE.

TOOK IT TO THE DEALER, ONE OF THE TECHS RODE WITH ME AND HEARD IT. THE NEXT DAY WHEN I TOOK IT IN TO BE FIXED, THEY COULD NOT DUPLICATE THE NOISE.

THEY ADDED SOME FOAM TAPE AROUND THAT AREA TO TRY AND FIX THE ISSUE. THE NEXT DAY THE NOISE IS STILL THERE. WILL BE TAKING BACK FOR ANOTHER TRY, AND IF THEY CAN'T FIX IT WITH "TAPE" HE SAID THE NEXT STEP WOULD BE TO TAKE THE WHOLE DASH OUT TO TRY AND DIAGNOSE.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A FIX FOR THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! IT'S VERY ANNOYING!

- Jason G., Shawnee, US

Mar 222018

Accord Sport 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

WELL THE DASH RATTLE COMES AND GOES . SOUNDS LIKE PLASTIC NEAR THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT WINDSHIELD.

- Harry J., Macon, US

Feb 052018

Accord Touring 2.0L

Took car to dealership & they didn’t hear the annoying noise coming from the dash so it hasn’t been repaired.

- LaToya P., LaFayette, US

Jan 102018

Accord Touring 2.0t

Purchased the 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T and notice a rattling noise by the heads up display. I brought it in to Honda they confirmed the issue and applied an adhesive strip or tighten a screw to fix the problem. Unfortunately, due to the inexperience of the tech significant damage was done to the inside of the vehicle. Fixing one problem lead to a new dashboard and console being installed. Which lead to 3 days in a rental only to pick up the car with noise in another location even worst this time. Guess whose going back to Honda for the 3rd time. Frustrating!

- Chris C., Bronx, US

Jan 242018

Accord Sport 1.5t

• CVT transmission

my 2018 sport accord vehicle is currently at honda's for this problem, he is working with honda canada to solve a known problem, it's metal plates that his cause under the pillars "A".

- Michel T., trois rivieres, QC, Canada