CarComplaints.com Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

2011 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 292016

CR-V LX

Brakes completely failed while trying to brake on highway. Vehicle began to rev uncontrollably. Shifted car into park but made no difference. Eventually was able to stop the car by vigorously pumping brakes. Only the long stretch of empty highway prevented anything catastrophic from happening. Brought the vehicle to dealer and they are saying nothing is wrong.

- Rohan G., Markham, Canada

Sep 302015

CR-V LX 2.4L V4

WAS AT VERY LOW SPEED AND ATTEMPTING TO PARK MY CAR IN A MALL PARKING SPOT. AS I TRIED TO SLOW DOWN FURTHER AND PARK THE CAR AND TURNING INTO THE SPOT, THE CAR ACCELERATED EVEN THOUGH I APPLIED MAXIMUM PRESSURE TO THE BRAKES. THE CAR CONTINUED TO ACCELERATE AND I SIDE SWIPED ONE CAR ON MY LEFT AND RAMMED THE CAR IN FRONT OF MY SPACE---MY CAR CONTINUED TO ACCELERATE. THE CAR FINALLY STOPPED BECAUSE OF THE IMPACT TO THE OTHER VEHICLE AND I FINALLY COULD TURN THE CAR OFF AS IT WAS STILL RUNNING. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. BOTH INSTANCES WERE VERY SIMILAR AS I WAS PARKING THE CAR IN A SPACE AT LOW SPEED. THE FIRST INSTANCE WAS VERY MINOR (OCCURRED IN MAR 2013) BUT THIS INSTANCE IS VERY MAJOR--SERIOUS DAMAGE (PENDING INFORMATION) TO MY CAR AND THE OTHER CARS--I WAS LUCKY I DID NOT GET HURT IN EITHER CASE--SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS CAR AND MAYBE 2011 CR-VS.

- dickporth, Plano, TX, USA