- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 2 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 23 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
2001 Honda Civic Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Power Window Stopped Working4
- Lining Around Windshield Whistles2
- Rubber Gasket Won't Stay In Place Around Window2
- Moonroof Stopped Working1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield10
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls7
- NHTSA: Visibility3
- NHTSA: Visibility: Glass, Side/Rear2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.