2004 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Jan 082018

Civic

My Honda Civic had an air bag recall, which I took the car in for. About 2 months after the fix, my air bag light came on. I had it checked out at another shop and they reset my light. It come back on approximately every month. It seems to me that it is suspicious that I never had any such problem until the Honda dealer replaced the air bag. They refuse to address the problem and insist it is not there responsibility. Coincidence I don't think so. I would like to know if this is an ongoing issued with other Honda owners who have undergone this procedure

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Jun 142019

Civic

The passenger airbag went off on its own really scared me very dangerous I was driving I was on the street driving about 15 20 miles an hour

- Fontana, CA, USA

May 302019

Civic

Takata recall. My airbag light came on and then I saw the recall. My model should be recalled as well. Also exterior lighting is very dull both of these have been previously recalled. I was in park, started my car and the airbag light came on. Scanner says it's the inflator

- Thomasville, NC, USA

Apr 222019

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 19V182000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hunlock Creek, PA, USA

Mar 012019

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that wires were hanging from the steering wheel. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 19V182000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Ocean Honda (8442 us-19, port richey, fl 34668, (727) 312-0759) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,122. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hudson, FL, USA

Oct 202016

Civic

I took our Honda into the Honda dealer for an airbag recall. They changed the airbag on Oct 20 2016. After a few days the airbag light came on. They did a scan and now they say the seat belt on the driver side needs to be replaced. About $700. I am seeing thru google searches that this seems to be an ongoing problem after the airbag is replaced. As this is a safety issue and seems to be an ongoing Honda problem I am thinking they should rectify problem or install original airbag back to fix. As this was a car only driven 5 to 6 months a year and then stored for the rest now that we want to sell we need to get fixed

- Kamloops, AL, USA

Jan 262019

Civic

Takata recall during a January snowfall and freeze, I was traveling in the middle lane of the highway at approximately 50-60 miles per hour, with the speed of traffic. A car approximately 7-8 car lengths ahead of me began to break and I did too. I was breaking when my car began to fishtail and I was able to maintain control of the car for 2-3 seconds before hitting a patch of ice and spinning into the highway concrete median. My car did not hit any other vehicles before hitting the median on the driver side front and hood. I estimate that I was traveling over 40 miles an hour. The car then spun around and hit the back drivers side and then spun again to facing forward. My concern is that the airbags, which were replaced in the takata recall a few years ago did not go off. The car was considered totaled and was donated.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Mar 112019

Civic

On Monday, March 11, 2019, the "airbag warning" (red colored) light that depicts a deployed airbag in front of a driver (passenger?) in a front seat, appeared as I was driving (and not at the time I started my car's engine) on a paved road, normal road conditions, driving around 40 mph; I was not braking or making sharp turns. My Honda manual states that this symbol means that either the airbag(s) or the seatbelt mechanism is not working properly. With respect to the airbag, it states that upon a car accident, the air bag may not properly work; and therefore, I should have my airbag(s) inspected by a Honda dealer as soon as possible. I also have side airbags in my car. My seatbelt seems to be working fine, so I'm not sure if/how this warning could apply to my seatbelt. I had the driver's side airbag replaced I believe in 2016 or 2017; my paperwork is in storage, however upon your request, I will locate the information. I heard and read today about the takata bag recall on about 1.2 million Honda cars from around 2002 to 2016. I entered my VIN number into your system and it does not indicate another recall on the airbag I already had replaced; I seem to remember that the replaced airbag I received around 2017 was not a takata, was another brand. Perhaps this warning light is about the passenger's airbag? nevertheless, this airbag and seatbelt warning light does concern me. Thank you in advance for your help.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Dec 072017

Civic

My airbag/seat belt light stays on constantly

- Fairport, NY, USA

Sep 142018

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall: Vehicle was in motion on highway. Accident occurred. Vehicle struck automobile in front of it. Air bags did not deploy. Vehicle flipped over. Driver was killed. ## VIN passed ## Honda Civic 2004 ##

- Windham, NH, USA

Sep 192018

Civic 4-cyl

2004 Honda Civic. Consumer writes in regards to air bag safety recall. Consumer states that vehicle was involved in a safety accident and does not have car for repairs. The consumer stated the vehicle was totaled due to an accident.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Apr 272018

Civic

Takata recall-airbag light recently came on and stays on when ignition is in drive car moving or not. I was sent a notice through the post office that stated my car may have a problem with the airbags. Thank you.

- Cullman, AL, USA

Dec 142017

Civic

Received a recall notice on my 2004 Civic stating the driver's airbag inflator needed to be replaced. Took it to the closet dealership. After an inspection of the vehicle I was told they were unable to perform the recall due to airbag belongs to a different year Civic and recall is not valid. When purchasing the used vehicle I was not informed of that the airbag had been replaced. After receiving another notice that I had not completed the safety recall I took it again to the dealership, along with the written safety recall notice. Again I was told my vehicle did not have the original air bag installed. I have received a third notice about the recall from Honda and do not understand why the dealership did not report this information on my vehicle. How do I know that the airbag in my vehicle is safe?

- Watauga, TX, USA

Jan 082018

Civic

My Honda Civic 2004 air bag light is on, and dealer will not fixed because my VIN number is not under recall but same time 2004 Honda Civic models has been effected in airbag recall

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jan 012017

Civic

Takata recall my air bag light has been on for about a year, after reading all this takata recall information. I wonder if Honda will take in my car for service.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Feb 152017

Air bag SRS system malfunction

- Ogden, UT, USA

Dec 302017

Civic

Received notification that there may be an air bag problem and that I should register my car.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Dec 152017

Civic

I don't know what's wrong with my car, but I do know that the airbag warning continuely lights on.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jul 202017

Civic

Takata recall: My air bag light has been on for about 3-4 months. And now recieving this settlement notice on air bags have got me worried. Can I take my car to a Honda dealer to be fixed with out a charge?

- Gilroy,, CA, USA

Nov 012017

Civic

Recall has been corrected at the Honda dealership in oxford, nc. There was no crash. I received a notice and took the car to the shop.

- Henderson, NC, USA