2016 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems: satellite radio not working

Satellite Radio Not Working

2016 Honda Civic

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

5.0

$0

2. disconnect battery to reset radio (1 reports)
  3. software update (1 reports)
2016 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 062017

Civic Touring

• CVT transmission

XM radio frozen for the second time. Unable to change channels, hear music. Other components are still working. Dealer again performed a hard reset and have requested permission from Honda to replace unit. I have not heard back from Honda yet. This is getting very annoying because it takes 2 hours of troubleshooting at the dealer, with no actual resolution.

- Cara L., Friendswood, TX, US

Mar 162016

Civic Touring

Satellite radio tuner went out. At first, I had audio, but the radio wouldn't change channels (only on satellite, rest of radio was fine). Later, the audio and display ceased and it said, "check tuner." I took it into Honda and they messed around with it for 2 days, then gave it back. The problem happened again. Honda service manager said there was a software fix coming out in about a month. I cancelled my XM subscription for the month and waited to hear about the software update. Software update was installed and radio worked again, for a while. Currently not working again and in shop. Haven't heard what solution is after 2 days.

- Kim W., Overland Park, KS, US

May 022016

Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

Sirius Radio dropped twice since owning, easy fix to repair but unknown cause.

- Peter H., Oromocto, NB, Canada

Feb 152016

Civic EX-T 1.5L

• CVT transmission

XM radio is stuck on one channel and will not change. XM representative ask to change the channel to one so they could send a signal to radio but no matter what we tried I couldn't change channels, so XM tells me something is wrong with the radio. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle but they keep telling me problem is XM radio and XM radio keeps telling me problem is in radio,.....so!

- Gerald U., Bay St. Louis, MS, US