8.0

2020 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Honda Odyssey:

2020 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Apr 052021

Odyssey EX-L 280-Hp V6

The speedometer/instrument panel freezes and goes blank. This has happened multiple times. The first time was when accelerating to get onto the interstate. The speedometer / instrument pane first froze, and then went blank. It came back after a short while. This was reported to the Honda dealer along with the infortainment issues that are well documented. Honda fixed the infotainment connectors and put slack in the wiring harness to address the infortainment issues, but the speedometer/instrument panel going blank has occurred again after that work.

The dealer says they need to bring a Honda technician in to look at the problem. I am concerned that these electrical problems are not going to be fixed and I am going to be stuck with an unreliable vehicle. Honda knew that there were infortainment issues and electrical issues with the 2020 Odyssey but they sold it to me anyways. I had a 2007 Honda Odyssey that was issue free, so I bought the 2020 with full faith that I was buying a proven product; I was very wrong.

- Judy V., Shrewsbury, US

Aug 122020

Odyssey Elite 3.5L

• CVT transmission

I got this new last August 2020, but the Rear Entertainment started freezing right off the bat. Took it back in a few weeks as I came to know they had 5 recalls on this car already. They said, some software update happened and it should fix things, but it did not. Then during my first oil change/maintenance, mentioned this problem along with bluetooth and host of other infotainment issues.

Long story short... after few months, I left the car for 3 days to get these fixed, but due to Honda engineers being busy all 3 days my car was returned un-touched. But it's been downhill since then, lots of electronics are not working, crackling noise from speakers, sliding doors wont stop closing when there is an obstruction, bluetooth fails after 1-2 minutes, screen freeze, just pathetic. Close to 50K and this is what we get? Looking at other posts, seems like this is a major problem and is apparently a law suit going around?

- Praneeth T., Holliston, MA, US

Aug 182021

Odyssey EXR 3.5L V6 Sohc 24v

Our 2020 Honda Odyssey has the loud pops and crackles, loss of connections of Bluetooth calls and just an overall bad experience with it. I initially had the service department at Curry Honda look at it when I took it in for an oil change. They claimed that the software update would fix that. It did not. I got the same response the next time I asked them about it. Then I got the notice in the mail about the Warranty Extension of the MOST bus Network. (Service Bulletin #21-013).

So when I took it to Gwinnett place Honda for the next oil change, I asked about the recall and they said they know about it and it's not really a recall, just a notice. Also, there is nothing that they can do right now because they don't have the parts. (I did see on YouTube that Honda's have had this trouble for a while now and it appears to be the clip connectors. Is it really that hard to make a quality connector?) Hope others out there are not having the same problem.

- goodej, Norcross, US