- September 29: Honda Idle Stop Lawsuit Alleges Engines Stall news | 5 days ago
- September 28: Honda Battery Drain Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- August 13: Honda Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Advances in Court news | 52 days ago
- July 7: Honda Crackling and Popping Speakers Cause Lawsuit news | 89 days ago
Honda Recall Y7Y: Delayed Or Inoperative Rearview Camera/FMVSS 111
2021 Honda Pilot
A delayed or inoperative rearview camera display can reduce the driver's view of what is behind the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Back Over Prevention — Sensing System — Camera
Electrical System — Software
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019-2021 Pilot, 2019-2020 Odyssey and 2019-2020 Passport vehicles. Incorrect central network software programming may cause several errors to occur that can delay or prevent the rearview camera image from displaying. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- Honda will notify owners that updated software is available. Owners have the option to either follow the mailed instructions to download and update the software for free, or visit a dealer to have the software update performed, free of charge. The recall began September 23, 2020. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is Y7Y.
- Documents (7)
- Miscellaneous Document - Part 573 Noncompliance Information Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Miscellaneous Document - Unit Assy, Infotainment Control Part Numbers
- Non Compliance Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale/Safety/Noncompliance Recalls; Product Update: 2018-2021 Multiple Campaigns
- Miscellaneous Document - Media Statement
Click a tab for more information.