- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators news | 5 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 19: Takata Airbag Kills Louisiana Driver of a Honda Civic news | 28 days ago
- November 30: Honda Recalls 2017 Civics With Bad Driveshafts recalls | 47 days ago
- November 27: Honda CR-V Gas Fumes Lawsuit Still Has Breath news | 50 days ago
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems62NHTSA complaints: 42
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 118
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 23
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 187
- seat belts / air bags problems8NHTSA complaints: 109
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 28
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 19
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 126
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 25
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.