- November 29: Honda Ridgeline Trucks Recalled Over Backup Camera Failures recalls | 9 days ago
- November 24: Honda Oil Dilution Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Honda Destination Fee Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 30 days ago
- October 23: Honda Civic Infotainment Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
- September 29: Honda Idle Stop Lawsuit Alleges Engines Stall news | 70 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
Worst 2016 Honda Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems41
- electrical problems37
- engine problems29
- fuel system problems22
- interior accessories problems17
- AC / heater problems12
- body / paint problems8
- brakes problems8
- drivetrain problems3
- lights problems3
- windows / windshield problems3
- exterior accessories problems2
- cooling system problems2
- suspension problems2
- clutch problems1
- exhaust system problems1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.