- December 2: Honda Sticky Steering Investigation Upgraded investigations | 2 days ago
- November 26: Honda Pretensioner Problems Cause Recall of 303,000 Accords and HR-Vs recalls | 8 days ago
- November 22: Honda and Acura Engine Recall For Connecting Rod Bearings recalls | 12 days ago
- November 9: Honda Pilot Power Steering Rack Recall Affects 2023-2024 Models recalls | 25 days ago
- November 8: Lawsuit Alleges 2023 Honda HR-V Back Windows Shatter news | 26 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
Worst 2016 Honda Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems43
- electrical problems37NHTSA complaints: 496
- engine problems30NHTSA complaints: 398
- fuel system problems22NHTSA complaints: 112
- interior accessories problems18NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems12
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 60
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 41
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 147
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- clutch problems1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 240
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- steering problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 10
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.