- March 13: Isuzu Fuel Tank Rust Won't Be Investigated investigations | 18 days ago
- February 13: Honda Recalls Passport and Pilot SUVs For Erasable Label Ink recalls | 47 days ago
- February 12: Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring and Elite Recalled After Fires recalls | 48 days ago
- January 28: Honda CR-V Sensing Lawsuit Says SUVs Suddenly Stop In The Road news | 63 days ago
- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 69 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
Worst 2016 Honda Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems29
- electrical problems23NHTSA complaints: 189
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 108
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 7
- AC / heater problems12
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 40
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 47
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 81
- windows / windshield problems2
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 106
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.