- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 3 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 7 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 9 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 57 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 65 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
2016 Honda Pilot Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Fuel Injector Malfunction1
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System11
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.