- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 21 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 48 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.