- May 22: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchbacks To Replace Seatback Pads recalls | 2 days ago
- May 22: Honda Says Airbag Inflators Were Installed Incorrectly recalls | 2 days ago
- May 17: Honda Sensing Lawsuit Says 2017 CR-Vs Are Dangerous news | 7 days ago
- May 1: Honda Makes 600,000 House Calls Over Takata Airbags news | 23 days ago
- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 36 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.