- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 8 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 15 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 29 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 33 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.