- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 4 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 12 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 23 days ago
- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 35 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.