- November 29: Honda Ridgeline Trucks Recalled Over Backup Camera Failures recalls | 9 days ago
- November 24: Honda Oil Dilution Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Honda Destination Fee Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 30 days ago
- October 23: Honda Civic Infotainment Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
- September 29: Honda Idle Stop Lawsuit Alleges Engines Stall news | 70 days ago
2009 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Previously we had awarded the 2009 Pilot "Seal of Pretty Good", but have since removed that honor due to all the continuing complaints about excessive oil consumption.
This Honda Pilot oil consumption defect was subject to a class action lawsuit in 2013. However not all 2009 Honda Pilots were covered by the settlement & by now the warranty extension has expired. The oil consumption complaints keep coming in.
Worst 2009 Honda Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems53NHTSA complaints: 37
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 18
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 7
- AC / heater problems4
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 31
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.