- August 5: Honda Recalls Odysseys With Power Sliding Doors recalls | 0 days ago
- August 4: Honda Recalls 500,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- August 3: DENSO Canada Lawsuit Filed Over Fuel Pumps news | 2 days ago
- June 17: Honda Recalls Clarity Electric, Fuel Cell and Plug-in Hybrid recalls | 49 days ago
- June 8: Honda CR-V Infotainment Problems Debated in Court news | 58 days ago
2009 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Previously we had awarded the 2009 Pilot "Seal of Pretty Good", but have since removed that honor due to all the continuing complaints about excessive oil consumption.
This Honda Pilot oil consumption defect was subject to a class action lawsuit in 2013. However not all 2009 Honda Pilots were covered by the settlement & by now the warranty extension has expired. The oil consumption complaints keep coming in.
Worst 2009 Honda Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems51NHTSA complaints: 34
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 7
- AC / heater problems4
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 31
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.