- May 10: Honda Accord Steering Problems Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- May 2: Honda Confirms 16th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 10 days ago
- March 30: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Affects 708,000 Vehicles recalls | 43 days ago
- March 19: Faulty Tires Cause Honda Pilot and Passport Recall recalls | 54 days ago
- March 4: Honda Civic Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 69 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Honda Pilot (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Previously we had awarded the 2009 Pilot "Seal of Pretty Good", but have since removed that honor due to all the continuing complaints about excessive oil consumption.
This Honda Pilot oil consumption defect was subject to a class action lawsuit in 2013. However not all 2009 Honda Pilots were covered by the settlement & by now the warranty extension has expired. The oil consumption complaints keep coming in.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (27 reports)
- fix the engine (7 reports)