- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 25 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 29 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 55 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 76 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
2016 Honda Pilot Body / Paint Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.