- July 7: Honda Crackling and Popping Speakers Cause Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- June 26: Honda Idle-Stop Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- June 23: Some 2020 Honda CR-Vs Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 46 days ago
- June 22: Honda Ridgeline Frame Rust Recall: Buybacks Possible recalls | 47 days ago
- June 9: Honda Pilot Idle-Stop Issues Cause 220 Complaints investigations | 60 days ago
Auto Idle Stop Does Not Work
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 34,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace battery (1 reports)