- June 5: Honda Ridgeline Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Tailgates news | 9 days ago
- June 4: Honda Battery Class Action Lawsuit in Florida news | 10 days ago
- June 4: Honda Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Drained Battery news | 10 days ago
- May 15: Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recall Needed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 30 days ago
- May 10: Honda Accord Steering Problems Investigated investigations | 35 days ago
2016 Honda Pilot (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 31,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- service bulletin 17-014 - update software/flush transmission (5 reports)