- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 1 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 4 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 5 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 7 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 29 days ago
2005 Honda Pilot
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
2005 Honda Pilot Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- steering wheel shimmied when braking3
- vsa warning light on2
- brake pedal intermittently had no brake pressure1
- brake wear1
- unintended braking1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes85
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control77
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic30
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock5
- NHTSA: Traction Control System4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Antilock: Wheel Speed Sensor1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.