ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2.3

2014 Hyundai Accent engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Accent:

2014 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Aug 032018

Accent

The engine 1st stopped 2 weeks ago at a red light. I say "stopped" because that is exactly what it did "stop, " no warning light or signal. It simply stopped. Had to get pushed off the road. Started after 15-20 min. Took it to mechanic, found nothing wrong. Sensors, gas, electric. "I cant do nothing, no symptoms." 2nd time it stopped while driving. Still rolling, I guided the vehicle of the road. Started after 10-15min. 3rd time at a convenience store called the first mechanic he said to call him when it stopped again. He could use a portable gage while it was in the "stopped" state. But it started again before the mechanic got there so he couldn't use the gage. I called to the company where I bought the car. He sent me to their local mechanic who did the same check as the first; saw no problem. Lastly, it stopped multi pal times in 1 day. Even while turning onto a two- lane side- street, in high traffic! other cars had to stop right behind me in a turning position and go around. Again had to get pushed out of the road. I don't feel safe driving this vehicle. The company.. I bought it went beyond their policy and had their mechanics to check it, still nothing. This is the 3rd week. I don't trust this vehicle to drive it so, the company is sending it to a Hyundai dealership today. I don't know what to do or expect from this whole issue. I am not safe in this vehicle and to pay anything out of pocket is unthinkable. As it is only 4 yrs old. I got it when it was 2 yrs old. The way the vehicle stops is unusual. I don't know cars well but I have not heard of one to "stop" without, "warning before hand". it stops at inopportune times. There is no way of telling when or where it will stop. It stops whenever and wherever without warning. City streets, highways. Not sure freeways; but im not taking any chances.please investigate! this is my first time buying a car. Yuck!

- Converse, TX, USA