- April 24: Hyundai Engine Oil Sludge Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 2 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 33 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 40 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 49 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 61 days ago
Hyundai Recall 161: Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2017 Hyundai Elantra
Loss of power steering assist would require higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. The affected vehicles may have a damaged Electronic Power Steering (MDPS) connector resulting in a loss of electric power steering assistance.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EPS motor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766. Hyundai's number for this recall 161.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.