- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 49 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 69 days ago
Hyundai Recall 161: Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2017 Hyundai Elantra
Loss of power steering assist would require higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. The affected vehicles may have a damaged Electronic Power Steering (MDPS) connector resulting in a loss of electric power steering assistance.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EPS motor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766. Hyundai's number for this recall 161.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.