- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 27 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 48 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 58 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 64 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 75 days ago
2012 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Be aware that there's a significant trend of owners complaining that the Elantra's fuel economy is significantly less than the EPA estimates.
Worst 2012 Hyundai Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 110
- electrical problems25NHTSA complaints: 94
- fuel system problems16NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems12NHTSA complaints: 49
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 34
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 69
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 26
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems4
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 73
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 42
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 35
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.