- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 1 days ago
- February 8: Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Touring Cars Recalled After Fires recalls | 10 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Kona Recall Issued Over Axle Weight Labels recalls | 15 days ago
- November 30: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Settlement is Final news | 80 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Palisade Recall Will Protect Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 88 days ago
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Hyundai Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 84
- fuel system problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems10NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems8NHTSA complaints: 42
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 34
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 46
- AC / heater problems3
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 54
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 62
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.