- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 4 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 18 days ago
- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 34 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 56 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 57 days ago
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 37
- fuel system problems14NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 20
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.