- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 26 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 33 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 42 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 54 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 59 days ago
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Hyundai Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 47
- fuel system problems14NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 22
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 39
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 24
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 38
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.