- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 4 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 30 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 30 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 47 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 57 days ago
2010 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.
Worst 2010 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems50NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 60
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 24
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 17
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.