- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 10 days ago
- October 29: Sunroof Airbags May One Day Protect You in Rollover Crashes news | 26 days ago
- October 28: Investigation Closed Into Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Problems investigations | 27 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 36 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 50 days ago
2010 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.
Worst 2010 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems50NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 60
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 24
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 17
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.