- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 2 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 24 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 25 days ago
- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 52 days ago
2010 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.
Worst 2010 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems49NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 60
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 24
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 30
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 17
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.