- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 23 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 52 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 67 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.
So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.
Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 60,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (8 reports)
- car totaled (1 reports)
- junk it (1 reports)