- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 3 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 29 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 55 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 49)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 14 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 46,387 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.