- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 42 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 50 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 71 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 3 of 50)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 14 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 46,765 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.